I did try making my own granola bars and they turned out very good but I just dont always have time to make them so its nice to have a quick option.
Here is the recipe I used to make them yourself from Back to the Cutting Board
S’mores Chewy Granola Bars
Snack, Dessert | Servings: 18 servings
Prep time: 0 | Cook time: 5 min | Total time: 25 min
- 4 tbsp. (1/2 stick) unsalted butter (I always use Willow Run Soy Butter and love it)
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar (see tips above)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 cups plain granola
- 1 cup rice cereal (Rice Krispies, etc.)
- 2 tbsp. graham cracker crumbs (optional)
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Line two 9×5 loaf pans or one 11×7 inch baking pan (see tip #4 above if you want to use 9×13) with foil or parchment. Lightly butter or spray the foil. Set aside.
- Combine honey and butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in brown sugar after butter starts to melt.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then lower the heat to medium-low and simmer until the sugar dissolves, about 2 minutes. Remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Add the granola, rice cereal and graham cracker crumbs into the saucepan and fold them into the sauce until evenly coated. Very gently fold in the marshmallows.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared pans and press firmly with a spatula to evenly fill. Sprinkle the chocolate chips onto the top of the granola and gently press them down.
- Let sit at room temperature for 15-20 minutes or until mostly cooled and set; lift out of the pan and cut into bars.