Sunday, March 7, 2010

Welcome to the Blog!

So, I had this idea in the middle of the night to do a milk allergy blog. I am really excited about it and I hope that it will be successful. I want it to be a place to post products, foods, companies, and websites that I like that help with having a dairy-free little one. I also want this to be a place where other moms dealing with the same issue can meet and discuss. I hope that they can help me with the tips too! Lord knows, I need them just as much. So, I ask you to please pass this site on to anyone you know that has kids that are allergic to milk or have to be dairy free. I know there are many other allergies out there but I would like to try and focus mainly on dairy. Hopefully, with the magic of the internet we can reach many more like me! Thanks, in advance, for you help!

2 comments:

Christy@pipandsqueak said...

Great idea Cassie! I did not know you all were dealing with this. We do not have any milk allergies but I have friends with kids with all kinds of allergies so I will pass this on.

Ryan and Amy said...

Hi again! I also just commented on your "breakfast" post! This is Amy from NC. I have a question for you. I was given a list of ingredients to avoid giving my son due to his milk allergy. On the list it said I should also avoid giving him something if the package has a "D" (usually beside a "U"). do you understand what this is? For instance, Bisquick has the D on the front of the box, yet there is nothing in the ingredients that indicates milk is present. I also read on an allergy website that bisquik is okay for milk allergy, so I'm just unsure what the "D" really means. I've given my son things in the past that had a "D" on them and he did just fine. Hints?